Tuesday 11 December 2007

Gone but never forgotten - Pebbles


Pebbles came to me aged 8 years. She was in a mess, and very overweight at 46.4 kilos. From the minute she set eyes on me we bonded in the most incredible way. She never left my side, not even when out on free runs in the field with our other 3 Goldies. I got her weight down to 32 kilos which gave her a whole new lease of life. Wherever I was, she was and vice-versa. She became ill at Christmas in 2004. At that time Bili (my 'cleft pallette' pup) had just been born. I chose to call him Bili because it means 'Pebble' in Cornish. Pebbles lost her sight at the end of her life aged just 10, but still ran across the field to me - such was her trust of me. I discovered that she had a tumour of the spleen, which was leaking blood into her abdomen...hence the fact that she had 'blown up' inside. She was too ill to go on, and I had to do what was right for her, and end her suffering. Pebbles was exceptional, and will, as with Honey, never leave my heart or mind.

No comments: